Friday, October 23, 2009

life is too short

Tuesday morning, at 8:41am to be exact, a classmate of mine died in a tragic and horrific car accident. She was returning from visiting her parents in Mass and was maybe 15 minutes from school when she allegedly swerved into the other lane and collided head on with an 18 wheeler.

This accident detoured myself and others throughout the day; not once did we know it was her. We knew by the time our evening class convened. It became more of a group grief session than an actual academic forum; although, this was for the best. The services are still being worked out.

I was not as close to her as others were, but I did know her. Just last week I had offered her my couch if she needed it (she commuted from the city to upstate once a week). I was, am, and will continue to be shaken up by her death. Someone my own age, on the route I take to class every day, taken from this world. She was a wonderful friend to many, warm hearted, funny and our public schools have forever lost a great educator.

Life is too short. Tell the ones important to you that you love them, and give you parents (or children, or both) a hug.

RIP, HSR. <3

peace&love

renski

No comments:

Post a Comment