Thursday, November 5, 2009

goooooo yankees!

So. Maine fails to allow gay marriage. The Yankees win the World Series for the 27th time. And Matsui proves why he has always been my favorite Yank. What a whirlwind.

Incredibly disappointed in Maine, but I almost think that goes without saying. I won’t stand on my soapbox much longer than to say…shame on you, Maine. And shame on all the other states without laws legalizing gay marriage.

Very excited the Yankees won! I had my doubts after they lost game 1 but they held strong and showed everyone what they were made of.

from the NYT, I wasn't there

from the NYT, I wasn't there

I do wish that some Yankees fans could be more gracious *ahem facebook mud slinging ahem* but to be fair, over the course of the series I’ve seen a lot of people actively rooting against the Yankees in some not so nice ways. It’s the nature of the game, I suppose. And speaking of the nature of the game, I am so excited that Matsui was named MVP. He was one of the main reasons I began to love the Yankees as opposed to just going along with it because I was a New Yorker. At any rate, it was a well deserved win in their new home.

Today will be day one of Couch to 5k . SA already did her portion, so that means I have to motivate through it! I am really excited. My former college roommate, Roomie, put it perfectly: “I want to be able to do a 5k whenever.” That’s only 3 miles and to be honest, seems like it should be an entirely reasonable goal. This is one of the main reasons I am excited about the Couch to 5k Program that we are going to be using – it’s structured, and if we can push through it, I know that we can get to where we want to be.

peace&love,

Ren

No comments:

Post a Comment